Saturday, May 10, 2008

William T. Lauderdale

William T. Lauderdale was born near Fayetteville, Tennessee, April 29,1829, and spent his entire life in this locality, save when he was a member of Forrest's Battery. He united with Cave Creek Cumberland Presbyterian Church, under the ministry of Rev. J. B. Tigert about 1885, afterward transferring to Fayetteville. He was industrious, frugal, peace-loving, unassuming, pure, patient in suffering and a friend to the needy. In his death, which occurred February 7, 1900, the church lost an excellent member, and the community one of its best citizens. His wife and daughter survive him.l To them he left a sufficiency of property and the better heritage of the memory of his affection and devotion as a husband and father.
J. R. LAMB, Pastor

From a clipping in the Lauderdale Family Bible

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you have any more information about Wm. Lay? He is my great grandfather. Or that is his name. There are so many of them. My great grandmother was a Cherokee Indian woman. That is all I have on them. Pleaselet me hear from you.

Benjamin Younger Pitts said...

I tried to respond directly, but your profile is blocked. I do not believe that this Wm Lay is your Wm Lay. To the best of my knowledge was never married to a Cherokee woman. Most of the information I have is on this web site. Let me know if you determine a connection.